Friday, September 26, 2014

Why I go to Church on Saturday

I come into contact with some many people from every walks of life. From the elderly to babies, and a common question I always get ask is why are you closed on Saturday. And without hesitation I say because I got to church that day. For a second they seem intrigued as to why a young person like me goes to church on the Saturday.... But I always turn with a smile and say "we are open every other day, and it hasn't affected us closing on the Saturday."

You may be asking why I go to church on a Saturday? But first I want to make this clear... I don't expect you to understand what I believe, and same with you, can not expect to understand what you believe. All I ask is that you respect my views, and I'll do the same...

Now where were we, that's right. I observe the day of rest or also known as Sabbath on every Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. Why? Because it is written the Bible. Now many people believe that we don't need to keep The Commandment. It's told in the bible (THE COMMANDMENT ARE TO BE KEPT) 


It is clearly told in Exodus 20:8-11 NKJV:
[8] "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. [9] Six days you shall labor and do all your work, [10] but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. [11] For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

This day was given to us so that we could relax, take a break from working 6 days of the week and to come together praising our wonderful creator.

Now you might be thinking what are you allowed to do... Well hear is what I do...

I try to prepare most things before the sunset on Friday, so I don't have to do much
I wake up, go for a walk on my parent property, soak in the day.
I read some of the literature that is given from my church and read 1 book of Proverbs.
I shave my legs in my room, which is looking over a beautiful hill side and listen to a sermon. 
I go and have a shower, put a beautiful dress on and lesson to the rest of the sermon and apply my make.
I make lunch before I go
Then drive to the hall

Things that ok to do

Making a meal
Starting the dishwasher
Walking
Shaving your legs
Makeup
Driving

Things I don't do

Washing the clothes
Gardening
Work
Exercise
Cleaning the house

We are not like most churches, we are greeted by the beautiful and handsome teens in suits and dresses,  handing out Hymnal and weekly updates. Exactly 1:30pm with the occasional few still talking. We start with 3 hymns all written from the Bible (not hands in the air and shaking like you don't care) played either on the piano or iPod, followed by an opening pray by one of the gentlemen. We hear from a speaker who will take on a topic from the bible and talk for 15-20 minutes then follows by a hymn, notices of upcoming events. Then it's time for the Sermon, which can last anywhere from 45mins to 1 and 1/4 hours, on topics like...

Family
Relationships
Singles
Prophecy
Loyalty
Commandments
The Sabbath
Kingdom
Prayer and so much more

From these I learnt so much, about being kind, learning to grow up as a godly woman and knowing my great future ahead. It's these men of God, that I am able to under my Creator. 

I have found it a great blessing to meet like minded people from all around the world, from the UK, USA to Africa. I have only been in this church for 2 years and 9 months, but it feels like forever. I wouldn't trade anything, my life is almost complete and I have a purpose for living.

If you found this quite intriguing please don't hesitate and email some questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.

And for information on what I believe go to Tomorrows World

Order their FREE Booklet Titled... Which Day is the Christian Sabbath? to learn more about this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment