As the flu season is now upon us here in Australia. I thought this would be a great opportunity to help narrow down some ways to treat a cold and flu. Here is a compiled list of t from all the websites that have help me with my cold.
Number one: Drink at least 2 litres of Liquid. But hard to swallow adding cordial to the water not only will it give it flavour, helps with thickening up nasal mucus.
- Electrolyte drinks
- Herbal tea with honey (help to soothe a sore throat)
- Caffeinated drinks
Number two: Avoid going to work!!! If you have a contagious form of cold it best to isolate yourself to avoid spreading. I bet your boss would prefer have one employee off then 20.
- Ring your boss as soon a possible to let them know, you wont be able to go to work. They appreciated that, so they can organise the day.
- Confine yourself to one room of the house, open all windows and doors to allow fresh air and light.
Number three: I love quick fix, purely because I really dislike being in pain and discomfit.
- Chest Rub
- Vitamin C Chewable tablets
- Become a sucker: cough drops, throat lozenges and hard candy surprisingly effective
Number four: if you prefer not to us them. Here are some natural ways.
- Stay rested. Be a coach potato.
- Sip some soap
- Blow you nose the right way – to avoid an earache. The best ways to blow you nose: press a finger over one nostril while you blow gently to clear the other. Wash you hands.
- Gargling salted water
- Drinking Hot liquids
- Take a steamy shower
- Humidifying your sore throat and nasal congestion
- Apply hot or cold packs around you congested sinuses
- Sleep with an extra pillow under you head
- Warm compress on the forehead and nose.
- Don’t fly unless Necessary
Number 5: What to eat
- Icey poles
- Turkey Sandwiches
- Vegetable Juices
- Chicken Soup
- Ginger ale
- Hot Tea
- Meal Replacement Shakes
I hope that this can help you to make a quick recovery. Let me know If you have any tips on how you over come a cold.
Wellness mama: http://wellnessmama.com/207/24-hour-flu-treatment/